Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving in the Boondocks

Coming back from a Thanksgiving in the quiet hills of West Virginia to work and Philly is a depressing experience. There is something theraputic about spending time surrounded by woods, hills, leaves and fuzzy animals.

I had no television, no internet, and spent all my free time reading Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield.

Even my cat seems slightly deflated after 3 days spent romping outside in glorious fall weather. The look she gave me last night after we arrived back in Philly was heartbreaking. Resentment from a pet is hard to take.

Oh well, it was a wonderful holiday and at least I have Christmas to look forward to. This year I resolve to spend more time reading and drinking hot chocolate and playing with the cat. Here's to simple pleasures. =^-^=

No comments: