Friday, September 29, 2006

I heart Battlestar Galactica

My new favorite show is Battlestar Galactica. Seriously I'm obsessed with it. Here's the premise: the human race has been annihilated by nuclear war, only 50,000 men, women and children have survived, running away from almost certain annihilation of the complete human race. I have to say, if I were stranded on an island with a tv, a dvd player, an outlet to plug in everything, and only one series to watch, this would be it. Yes I'd take this over Lost (gasp). I was writing a very long-winded comparison of two shows, but decided that no one was going to have the attention span to read the entire thing.

So if you won't watch it based solely on my recommendation than watch it because it was deemed the top show of 2005 by Time, because The New Yorker loved it , and because many critics are calling it the best show on TV. Watch it because critcs are raving about it for good reason; trust me, you won't regret it.

Here's another reviews from Blogcritcs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the whole first season, and I think part of the second season though its been a year or so.

I remember liking it, but I also remember at some points it was kinda slow or... something. I dunno.
I'll have to give it another try since season 3 is starting up.

CC said...

I feel the writing isn't quite as good as Lost, insomuch as there are a couple moments where I felt the writers took the easy way out with a particular storyline, or something happened that was a little too convinient.

However, I absolutely love the cast, which makes up for the slight glitches in story-telling. David and I are in the middle of season 2. Def give it a second go! BTW, what did you think of the premiere of Lost?

steph said...

sigh...

I wish I had time to catch up on all three (?) seasons of Lost and get into Battlestar (I've heard great things about it too) but unfortunately being a med student, and being a girl, you're sort of limited to gushing about Gray's Anatomy even though you find meredith's skanky ass despicable.

CC said...

haha here here on meredith's despicable skanky-ass. I've actually stopped watching Grey's, cause I dislike her and McDreamy so much. Still, I seem to be the ONLY girl who hates McDreamy for being the irresponsible perv that he is. Oh well.

Don't worry about Lost and Battlestar^_^ that just means you'll have a field day with the DVDs sometime in the future^^.
I have to say though, now that David and I are close to finishing the second season of Battlestar, I'm starting to have doubts about the sustainability of the show. Season 2 was really uneven, with some horrible filler episodes. Still I love the characters, they're just so pretty^__^.