Monday, January 28, 2008

Back!

Originally I had started another blog, since this one sort of died somewhere in May of last year. But after looking around here, I realized that it would be a waste to ditch this blog. I think I may think about it a little bit and keep both blogs. We will see. My career change has finally happened for me, and I'm happy to report that I will be starting a new job in February at one of the big publishing companies. (My favorite one, yeah!)

I told myself that I stopped blogging because I wanted to focus on the job hunt, but I realize now that dropping the blog and many of my other review-related obligations was how I reacted to the stress and depression of changing careers and not being sure what I was doing with my life.
But I'm here to slowly pick up the pieces, and hopefully I'll have some insight into working in publishing for others who are interested in the field once I start my new job.

All I can say is that I'm really excited about being in New York City, and finally doing something that I think I'm really going to love. It doesn't hurt that I will be getting a lot of free books too =).

Hopefully you'll will be seeing a lot more posts here.

One last thing, go see Cloverfield. I don't care what anyone says, its a damn good movie. I felt shell-shocked once the movie was over, and that's something I've never felt before. I recommend the film based on that alone. Of course David and I did agree that the the film would have been stronger if they had cut the last 2 or 3 minutes (not the coney island stuff, but the scene under the bridge and the one before that).

No comments: