Monday, December 04, 2006

Flora Segunda: Being the Magickal Mishaps of a Girl of Spirit, Her Glass-Gazing Sidekick, Two Ominous Butlers (One Blue), a House with Eleven Thousand


I have just received a review copy of Flora Segunda: Being the Magickal Mishaps of a Girl of Spirit, Her Glass-Gazing Sidekick, Two Ominous Butlers (One Blue), a House with Eleven Thousand Rooms, and a Red Dog, and I have to say I am enchanted.

Two chapters in, and I am already falling in love with the girl of spirit, and her bewitched house. The last time that a book so entirely delighted me within a couple of paragraphs was when I was in middle school. If you have ever read, The Westing Game, Twenty-One Balloons, or Howl's Moving Castle as a young child, you will understand the kind of delight that I am talking about.

Although Flora Segunda is geared towards a teen audience, you don't have to be a teenager to enjoy it. While I have to wait until I am finished to give this an honest review, I can already say that Ysabeau S. Wilce, the author, has made it onto my list of people to watch. If you have an imaginative child, friend, parent, or significant other, I would highly recommend this as a gift. I'll try to have this review up as soon as I have finished the book.

No comments: