Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Life As A Fake - Peter Carey




















I'm reading Peter Carey's My Life as a Fake. For anyone who does not know, Peter Carey is the famous Australian writer who wrote Booker Prize winners , Oscar and Lucinda, and True History of the Kelly Gang. He along with J. M. Coetze are the only two authors to have won the Booker on two seperate occasions.

My Life as a Fake is a fictional account of an actual literary hoax that took place in 1944 in Australia. Wikipedia.org gives an excellent account of the Malley hoax. I have only briefly dipped into the book, so will report back with impressions in the upcoming days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent read. I was very disappointed to see that it didn't even make the Booker Shortlist. Enjoy it!