Thursday, August 31, 2006

Veniss Underground Book Chain

All right, after almost a year of pushing anyone I know to read Veniss Underground, I have finally come to the conclusion that I am willing to send you the book, for you to read it and decide whether you like it or not.

So I'm starting a book chain (is that what it's called?), where I make a list of everyone who'd be interested in reading the novel, and send the book off to the first person, who in turn after they are finished should send it on to the next person on the list (it'll cost something like $1.10 by media mail, which I will reimburse you if you ask). Please feel free to make notes in the margins, mark the copy, and send messages to future readers, I thought this might be an interesting exercise.

I certainly would love to know what everyone thinks of this book. If it works, I may do this for others books that I feel everyone should read. I figure I'm going to add Steph and Ruthann to the list automatically, because Steph showed interest in this book. And Ruthann and I have very similar tastes in literature. And maybe Jeremy, cause you know that thing you have with meerkats. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Go here for a good review of the story to see whether you'd be interested.

2 comments:

steph said...

hey, cindy! I'd definitely be interested, both in the book and in the idea of having a book chain. Mmmm, you might not want to send the book to me until everyone else has read it though...b/c who knows when I'll finish it. I just don't know if I can read Complicity and Veniss Underground and pass med school all at the same time...i just don't read as rapidly as you do =P

CC said...

I think the reading rapidly part has something to do with not being in med school or school at all. I'll make sure your one of the later ones on the list^_^.