Thursday, July 06, 2006

!!

I’m barely able to contain my excitement, as I write this entry, since David and I have decided to make a trip to Boston this weekend. Never mind that I’ve never been on the highway for more than 2 hours tops (it takes 6 hours to get to Boston) and that the AC in my car is broken, and that we have no place to stay when we get there…

Now why, you ask, would anyone want to do that?

Answer: Readercon! Readercon is a literary forum for science-fiction/fantasy, speculative, fantastical, slipstream, whatever you want to call it, fiction. The convention focuses on the discussion, writing, and reading of such books (droooool). There is no cosplay (I have to admit that I’m a little relieved by this, fat elves in tiny costumes---although very entertaining---nevertheless make me slightly nervous) or other things that often mark science fiction conventions. And the authors that are attending! The plethora of people that I read and admire makes me feel somewhat giddy. Simply put, it’s the Holy Grail of conventions for me.

Of course there are the technical issues that we still have to deal with since we are wholly unprepared for such a trip. Not to mention this will be our first convention, so we're both slightly nervous. But somehow I have convinced David that it is a good idea for us to drive up to Boston for the weekend and camp out in the car (after all we’re only young and broke once) and he agrees, angel that he is. So we’re ready to set off on our high adventure, never mind that past the first day, we may smell a bit. And seeing as how we will be spending a decent amount of quality time in the car, I will have plenty of time to write about the weekend. So stay tuned for postings and pictures on Monday of our high adventures, and see whether we make it there and back in one piece.

6 comments:

Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal gympie
car removal rockhampton

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
scrap car buyer
cash for scrap cars brisbane

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for old cars
cash for junk cars

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
scrap my car sydney
car buyer in sydney

Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
scrap cars brisbane
cash for cars gold coast

Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap cars beenleigh
wreckers brisbane