Monday, June 26, 2006

Help Me Learn Quantum Physics...

After years of being confused by the Schrodinger’s Cat thought experiment, and the often obtuse explanations that come with it, I am going on a quest to understand quantum mechanics...At first I thought, hey this will be easy—I just have to look up the term on Wikipedia and boom, I’ll understand it by the end of the day.

Needless to say, I feel pretty stupid right now. Okay, so on a quantum (atomic or subatomic level), a whole new set of rules apply for how things operate. All right, I got that part. But the rest of it makes me feel like the hypothetical cat, rather upset and generally fed-up with the whole thing. So in the spirit of the girl who got people all over the internet to send her twenty-thousand dollars to pay off her credit card debt (yeah you heard me right, she got random strangers to send her the 20,000 that she needed to pay off bills that she racked up doing too much shopping) I’m launching a campaign called: Help Cindy learn quantum physics! To contribute, simply send me a link that you think will be helpful to my learning, or attempt to explain some aspect of it to me either here, via e-mail or over the phone.

No comments: