Monday, May 01, 2006

Hidden Camera


Hidden Camera by Zoran Zivkovic came in the mail today! I have great expectations for the novel ever since I read a couple of chapters on infinity plus. Hidden Camera is a Borgesian story of an undertaker who is convinced that he has been involved against his will in a twisted reality show. The tale starts with our undertaker receiving a mysterious ticket that invites him to a private viewing of a movie. The invitation becomes a bizarre and paranoid journey, when the movie turns out to be a single shot of the undertaker sitting on a park bench eating a sandwich. Zoran Zivkovic is one of the greatest Serbian writers today. His work often blurs the line between fantasy and reality while making incisive social commentary. I will put up my review once I have finished reading the book.

No comments: